Dating in 2009...
What a Dramedy!
Who ever thought that being intelligent, witty, attractive, African-American, and single would be so HARD in the MIA? What an experience...
Let's see what characters I've met in the past year...:
- THE OLD MEN- Lawd, please save us Tenderonies from the gigolos who shake and shimmy to the disco beat of Lou Rawls and James Brown.
- THE "WHATYOUSAYS": Living in THE ULTIMATE melting pot for every culture you can imagine exposes Tenderonies to cross-macking techniques from Hell! Sometimes it's so unintelligible that you can only respond by asking, "What you say?"
- THE EDUMACATED PHILOSOPHERS- Oh boy, these fellas WEAR YO AZZ OUT!!! I always keep the migraine medicine close at hand to survive the "movement". It makes me totally dizzy EVERY time!
- THE METROSEXUALS- smh... too much competition.
- THE WHAT-UPS- B-boys, gotta love 'em, as long as you don't have to talk to 'em. *high-five*
- THE POWER HOUSES- Fascinating, polished, intelligent, leaders, PLAYERS, and elusive. They know the game and how to play it very well. Few and far in between...
As I venture into 2010, I am prepared to hold fast and steady, keep hope alive and to NEVER GIVE UP ON A GOOD THING!
PS...Always remember, "Don't Blame it on the SUNSHINE...Blame it on the Boogie!"