Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Every Spa Treatment AIN'T Special.

Well Ladies, If you know me, you know that I believe in taking care of ME! This Monday, I scheduled a quickie "treat" thru this great coupon deal. $19 for a body scrub!!! ((Yahooooo!!)) RIGHT THERE...I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. Well, I showed up at the "corner office" and was introduced to my new "friend". It was a big, white, PLASTIC BODY CAPSULE. Ummmmmm...not what I expected...ummmm, I was not pleased. The young lady/spa tech asked me to disrobe, put on some disposable thongs (ummm YUK) and lay inside the capsule. It was HORRIFIC! Cold, hard, aesthetic...not at all welcoming. What happened to the the nice warm, fuzzy, insulated blanket that the REAL SPAS cacoon you into? You know, like a pig in a blanket? Well, the spa tech proceeded to rub me down w/a rosemary oil and then the REAL torture began. *First, there was HEAT. Steam was EVERYWHERE. I could not move. I could not breathe. I COULD NOT. *Second, it was like being on a coroner's table. A hard slab. Uncompromising. Brutal. Imposing. *Third, CRICKETS. They had environmental music playing w/singing...crickets. And just when I thought it could get no worse...IT DID. After about 25 minutes of this brutality, the spa tech finally came back & shut it down. But what a SURPRISE... *LASTLY, water...COLD WATER. It was explained to me that this was necessary to close my pores. HUH? I thought I was supposed to be having ME TIME...SOME FUN. THIS WAS NOT FUN NOR RELAXING! I felt it necessary to share. A DEAL AIN'T ALWAYS A DEAL and a SPA TREATMENT AIN'T ALWAYS SPECIAL. Learn from my mistakes ladies. Read the fine print. Know your establishment. Understand your TREATS. DON'T FALL PREY TO WAITING DISASTERS. PS...Always remember, "Don't Blame it on the SUNSHINE, Blame it on the Boogie!"

2 comments: